On Tuesday, April 11th we invited our families into the classroom for student-led conferences. Prior to their arrival we did some planning. We brain stormed things we wanted to share with our parents. Then Ms. Lirenman organized them in a list. On the morning of April 11th we took the time practicing being both the student and a "parent". We listened as our classmates explained their learning to us, and we had time to explain our learning to our classmates. Here are some photos of us practicing.
When the afternoon finally arrived we were ready for our parents. The feedback we received from our parents has been really positive and it was a pleasure to share our in-class learning with them.
Here are some photos from the afternoon. As you can see we had a full house. Almost every family was able to attend.
Have you done student-led conferences before?
- About Division 16
- Visitor Etiquette - How to Be Safe on Our Blog
- Why Do We Learn On-Line?
- Div 16 2016-2017 Blogs
- Word Wall Words
- Parent Access to Fresh Grade
- Book Suggestions from Us to YOU!
- Curiousity Corner
- Apps We Use
- Learning Links for Children
- Learning Links for Parents
- Previous Years Individual Student Blogs
- Student Friendly Research Sites
- How to Leave A Comment on Our Blog